June 22, 2012
Dear Loved Ones, Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you are encouraged as we walk this journey together. It's my hope to share your burdens as we choose to travel light. To travel light means to leave behind the things that encumber us. I must remind myself to forget the past. live in the present and stay focused on what lies ahead, press on for that which the Lord Jesus Christ took hold of for you. (Phil. 1:12-14)
Life partners - Richard and Shirley Adkins (Sheryl's parents) Celebrate 56 Years of Marriage!
In May, I attended the COSIM Mission Conference in Arizona; I was inspired by the speakers and also exposed to new resources. The work we do in Africa and the Middle East is through partnership with organizations -- Purpose Driven, Walk Thru the Bible and Equip. I came across The Beauty of Partnership study guide and decided it would be the right fit for our ICM USA staff to work through together this summer. ICM is all about partnerships. I want to thank you, too for your partnership in my financial and prayer support. I appreciate you so much and pray for you regularly.
As one of my support partners, I really need your prayers for my new role as the new Executive Director of ICM USA (the Vice President of U.S. Operations). I will continue in communications and marketing through editing, writing and speaking, but I will also be responsible for the following:
- Oversee ICM USA daily operations
- Coordinate relationships between ICM USA and its partners nationally, oversee international relationships
- Coach, recruit, encourage, and train volunteers to facilitate daily tasks at ICM USA (To find out about volunteer opportunities, email email@example.com)
- Establish and increase donor relations between ICM USA donors and international partners.
- Work with the President in recruiting, training and caring for staff for international assignments
One of my favorite local partnerships -- ICM Banquet 2012 planning committee - (L to R) Jerilyn Stewart, Jeff Affonso,Sheryl Giesbrecht, Phil Walker, Kaye Camp, Jackie Shipman, Sara Hodges, Karen Hodges, Debbie Walker, Patrice Bussell. (Not pictured, Caroline Reid, Caroleen Devries, Amy Coulter, Sandy Sanford and Scott Hodges)
- Work with the President to recruit short term teams, develop and implement a short term team policy and procedure.
- Serve on the International Council to represent ICM USA
- Carry out special projects/tasks as assigned by the President of ICM USA
- Work with internationally-assigned Americans (Two couples are raising support in preparation for moving to Africa). Please pray for Steve & Donna Taylor (to Kenya) and Scott & Karen Hodges (to Burundi).
Another one of my favorite partnerships (L to R - see below) Roger Saunders (Ben's uncle), Sheryl Giesbrecht, Ben Giesbrecht, Miriam Giesbrecht (Ben's grandma) and Sheryle Saunders (Ben's aunt.) Thank you,Ben for serving our country.
I thank you for your prayers, truly, unless I stay connected to the Vine, I can’t do anything. I want to bear fruit even through the many administrative responsibilities. I am thrilled to walk this road with you in partnership! I am thankful God chose and appointed us to bear fruit, much fruit that will last an eternity!
Thanks again, for your partnership,
John 15:4 "Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself. it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."
“What is the bedrock for beauty in partnerships? Following humbly our Lord Jesus Christ for the glory of God” Werner Mishke www.thebeautyofpartnership.org